Monday, February 8, 2010

Need to Know

Rep. John Murtha (PA-D) has died at age 77. I'm actually sad about that. I thought he was a cool guy who stood up for working Americans.

You know who's not standing for Americans, just corporations. The 'Publicans, who just recently gave a chilly reception Monday to President Barack Obama's invitation to discuss health care in a bipartisan, televised setting later this month, part of the White House effort to revive the stalled legislation. I'm sorry. I thought that's one of the things they've been complaining about.


Meanwhile, some people actually think that a person who needs to write notes in her palm to remember her talking points should be president. Wow.

Since I got your attention, here's something you can do to help healthcare reform:

As politicians fret about the political risks of health care reform instead of fixing our broken system, people are dying.


And last week, that reality hit home. Melanie Shouse, a MoveOn Council leader in St. Louis, passed away from breast cancer while still fighting her insurance company for chemotherapy coverage.
There is a serious cost to inaction on health care—real people's lives. And it's time to remind Washington of this.

I just sent a message to Congress telling them that I stand with Melanie, and it's time to put real people ahead of politics and finish health care reform. Can you join me at the link below?
http://pol.moveon.org/stand/
Thanks
Not much, but it's something.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis