Friday, August 1, 2008

Salon: Is Barack cheating on Hillary?

Here's the basic point of the essay, "Is Barack cheating on Hillary?": It's insulting to suggest that Barack Obama would be committing some crime against womanity if he selects any other woman as his running mate besides Hillary Clinton.

I agree with Catherine Price that Lanny Davis has . . . I was going to say Lanny Davis has lost his mind. Then I thought about the whole issue over seating delegates from Michigan and Florida and, well, Lanny Davis doesn't have much if any mind to lose.

Here's Lanny!:
"If anyone thinks that picking a woman will simply placate Hillary Clinton's
female supporters, I think that's very patronizing to women and I don't think
that either Governor Sebelius or Senator McCaskill would disagree."

And Allida Black isn't much better:

"Hillary Clinton is not a political Lego block, easily replaced by another
woman candidate," said Allida Black, a former Clinton national fundraising
committee member. "Women voters know this," she continued. "Hillary is not
interchangeable."

Excuse me? Wasn't part of Clinton's appeal the fact that she's a woman? Didn't I read comments that Obama wasn't different from any other presidential candidate because he's a man? Wasn't the meme that sexism is worse than racism?

So what difference does it make if Obama chooses another woman to run with besides the woman who, throughout the primary season, belittled him, played the "race card" against him, emasculated him, and distorted the truth? See, what some Clinton supporters forget is that the reason young women, in particular, abandoned her is because she's was acting like every other president, that is, a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This isn't too complicated. If you disagree with me, I'm more than happy to have an honest discussion. I'm quite open to learning new facts and ideas. I'm dying for a conservative to explain their ideas in a sensible way.

But, I do have rules, and they also apply to those who agree with me. They just get the benefit of my already knowing the fact they'll be referring to.

So, here're the comment thread rules:

1 - Use facts.
2 - Refer to policy.
3 - Don't rely on theories and conjectures. Show me how, for example, a public health insurance option will lead to "rationing" of health care.
4 - No unfounded attacks on any entity.

If you break those rules, I will edit your comment to my own whimsical satisfaction.

Lastly, perhaps most importantly, I'm not going to entertain too much pro-white/racism-denying discussion. I want this to be a space to discuss strategies to fight racism, not space where I have to fight racism. I want anti-racists to be able to come here for a mental respite. If what you're interested in doing is attempting to demonstrate the fallacy of anti-racism by repeating the same ole comments and questions and accusations we hear all the time, please do that somewhere else.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis