Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Everyone!! Jesus Arose a Long Time Ago! Hallelujah!

Easter has always been a fun day for me. Growing up, it meant a new dress and having to remember a speech for the "recitation" part of Easter service. We'd get up early for Easter sunrise service, have breakfast at church, come home and try to catch a nap before attending an abbreviated regular church service.

As I grew up, I aged out of having to remember a speech to having to remember lines for a sort of play.

Easter is also one of the reasons I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. Not that he had died for my sins - I had sinned just like everybody's sinned (Romans 3:23). I mean, I understood that was why he died and arose with all power in his hands - death is the consequence of sin, but Jesus's death and resurrection meant I would have to die and go to hell, but could live with God in heaven forever (Romans 6:23)! I really appreciated that God loved me so much that he'd die for me (Romans 5:8)!

But, honestly, I was more impressed that he could come back to life all by himself, no Papa Smurf or shots or anything! That, in my very young opinion, was just amazing! Why wouldn't I serve a God who loved me that much and could come back to life all by himself?!

Today is just a great day for Christians around the world. And, well, today could be a great day for you, too, if you were to believe in your heart that Christ has risen from the dead (Romans 10:9-10).



No Greater Love - GMWA National Mass Choir

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis