Thursday, August 28, 2008

Barack Obama's Speech Accepting the Democratic Party's Nomination

Let me just quickly say that I am glad to hear him preaching "fatherhood" to the masses and not just black folks.

And, of course, you know how I do, I gotta take a rip and James Dobson, Stuart Shepherd, and Focus on the Family (I would provide links, but I don't have to.) and their call for Christians to pray for rain, even torrential rain to drown out Obama's speech. They claim it was just mean satirically, but all satire has some some element of truth. Well . . . on the other hand, according to Dictionary.com, satire means the following: irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity. So I guess, they were right that the "call for prayer" exposed their own folly, vice, and stupidity.

But their entire act disturb me because there's more to Christianity, there's more to Christ, than abortion and gay marriage.

But I digress. That's for a blog later to come.

Oh. But since it didn't rain, I guess we know where God stands in this election!

And so now, ladies and gentlemen, and for just a few hours, my fellow Americans, here is the next president of our United States of America . . . Senator Barack Obama!!!



And also, a video about Obama's life. Sorry. I'm an MSNBC fan.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis