Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hold the Presses!

Racism wasn't the motivating factor, or at least not the sole motivating factor, behind Chicagoan white flight. Watching C-Span today, I learned a lot!

It had always been my contention that what it meant, or at least what I mean, by institutional racism is that you have lots of little bits of racism that pile up and result in the disparities we see today. Also, I had always known the government had played some part in the disparity of housing and wealth accumulation; but, now it seems FHA red-lining was the catalyst behind several events that explain a lot of the disparities in outcomes we see today.

This isn't what I viewed on C-Span, and the sound isn't great, but it's as close as I could find.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis