Friday, May 29, 2009

The Crime of Blackness, and Sometimes, Torture

Update: h/t to racismreview.com/blog commenter jwbe for bringing this to my attention. Apparently, there have been white officers accidently killed by other officers. Though it does seem rare.

Yeah. I got two stories. One is here from racismreview.com/blog. Basically, an off-duty black cop was killed by a white cop basically because he's black. Yeah . . . I guess someone could argue the same thing would've or could've happened had the off-duty cop been white. But then, of course, I must ask - why doesn't it happen that a plain clothed white officer is killed by mistake by fellow officers? Cause it's not clear that the white cop was even on duty, or had identified himself before shooting, and Edwards, the black cop, was apparently shot in the back.

The other is about Dick Cheney. Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich) says that the memos don't show what Cheney says they do. Between the two of them, I'm inclined to believe Levin.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis