Friday, March 2, 2012

Now, the "Man" Is Coming for You, too, Wh*tey!

And to make a point that hard-working white Americans need to hear: the people who saw nothing wrong with loan officers lying both to the client and to the underwriter so the cost of the loan will be higher leading to higher profits for the company and higher bonuses for the loan officer also see nothing wrong with the exorbitant bonuses received by the executives who brought down the global economy. Mark my words chumpy: when shit gets to flying, everybody gets hit. Instead of listening to the idiots who propagate the lie the affirmative action is "reverse" racism, you should be listening to those of us tell you that "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
That's one of my better quotes. Although I'll add here, for the love of all that's good and holy, quit equating white women and people of color to animals and/or fetuses. It's insulting, and it does more harm than good.

But I digress.

A lot of white Americans bought into the stereotypes of African Americans as unmotivated, criminal, immoral, etc in part because they never imagined these stereotypes to apply to them in any collective sort of way. Sure, there's "white trash" but most white Americans I imagine never considered themselves "white trash." I mean, just think about it, right? There's the upper class, the middle class, and the . . . working class. "Working class" has become the new euphemism for lower class, not just because there are the working poor, that is, people who have jobs and are still poor, but also because nobody wants to admit they're lower class or "white trash" or what have you.

But now, after nearly three decades of conservative economic policies has led to the great recession, more and more white Americans can't brush off the fact they're poor, that their economic futures aren't all too secure. Oh, and by the way, a few of us called it years ago. And guess what? Now that economic inequality has led to the Occupy Wall Street movement; now, when you really have to know that your personal finances aren't necessarily tied to your work ethic, rich (white) folks are turning on the white working class, too.

Y'all better wake up, white "working" class. Pres Obama hasn't done anything special for blacks folks. I wish he had! He hasn't. So wake up, use your head, and realize who's really working against your interest. Here's a hint: it's not anyone who thinks wanting other people besides you and your family to go to college makes you a snob or the person who wants to fix the economy by cutting taxes for the rich and the public programs that help . . .you. So stop voting for the guy who can feign identifying with you, and support the person who actually has your interests at heart.

Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This isn't too complicated. If you disagree with me, I'm more than happy to have an honest discussion. I'm quite open to learning new facts and ideas. I'm dying for a conservative to explain their ideas in a sensible way.

But, I do have rules, and they also apply to those who agree with me. They just get the benefit of my already knowing the fact they'll be referring to.

So, here're the comment thread rules:

1 - Use facts.
2 - Refer to policy.
3 - Don't rely on theories and conjectures. Show me how, for example, a public health insurance option will lead to "rationing" of health care.
4 - No unfounded attacks on any entity.

If you break those rules, I will edit your comment to my own whimsical satisfaction.

Lastly, perhaps most importantly, I'm not going to entertain too much pro-white/racism-denying discussion. I want this to be a space to discuss strategies to fight racism, not space where I have to fight racism. I want anti-racists to be able to come here for a mental respite. If what you're interested in doing is attempting to demonstrate the fallacy of anti-racism by repeating the same ole comments and questions and accusations we hear all the time, please do that somewhere else.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis