Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Foot Faulting

Serena Williams was wrong, but I do think too much has been made of it. The idea of a double standard between how she was received and how Roger Ferrer and even John McEnroe were received has crossed my mind; and, the more I think about it, the more I agree with this article titled "Double Standard for Serena Williams" by Dave Zirin. I didn't actually see the outburst; she was losing so I watched football. Maybe I need to check out youtube. But what I've seen of it wasn't all that "frightening." I'm not sure why the line judge feared for her life, or something like that she said. Maybe Serena's blackness scared her?

Soon from me, a post about the House passing the resolution admonishing Rep. Joe Wilson (SC-R).

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis