Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Forgot to Mention . . .

The House version of the stimulus bill wasn't going to help states balance their budgets. It would help cover just 45% of the budget shortfull between what states need and what states have. The Senate version, where Republicans managed to get 48% of the package turned into tax cuts, would not even help that much.

Hat tip to Slate.com.

Make no mistake about it, the longer this goes on, the more convinced I become that congressional Republicans are either heartless or sheer idiots or both - sheer heartless idiots. Even Republican governors support Pres. Obama's stimulus plans. The good news is that it seems like Americans are starting to wake up a little. The Republican base is shrinking. Maybe, hopefully, come 2010, the Republicans will lose even more seats. I'll be ecstatic to vote for the Democratic challenger, whomever he or she may be, for the Senate seat currently held by a Republican.

Now, to my new readers - welcome to my blog! I should warn you though, this current pace of postings is unusual. I have chronic fatigue syndrome, which sometimes causes me to miss up to a month of blogging. But, you have my word that as much as I can, I'm going to give you the best I got.

Share This Article

Bookmark and Share

But Don't Jack My Genuis